If you’re spending a lot of time on the road, you may feel ready to renovate your RV. Maybe you want to make the space more comfortable or just change your decor. If you don’t want to tackle a complete interior overhaul, here are a few easy ways to update your RV.
Brighten Up the Kitchen
One of the easiest ways to add some personality to your kitchen is with a new backsplash. This project is simple and you can create a backsplash out of a variety of materials.
When choosing backsplash options, remember that you are decorating an RV. Heavy materials like stone and clay aren’t desirable in a vehicle. You’ll also want to steer clear of breakable materials. For these reasons, ceramic and glass tile may not be the best options.
Here are some easy ideas for your RV kitchen backsplash:
- Wallpaper is an inexpensive option for creating a backsplash. Use a high-gloss selection and it can easily be wiped clean.
- Peel-and-stick tiles can be used to create a mosaic-look for your backsplash. These come in a wide variety of styles and are easy to install.
- Create a faux brick or stone look with paneling or wallpaper. Both are simple to install. You’ll create a classic look for your RV kitchen.
- Punched tin tiles are an interesting, attractive, and lightweight option.
- Use aluminum flashing or corrugated metal for a more rustic look in your kitchen.
Add Interesting Hardware to Update Your RV
Even small changes can make a big difference for your RV’s interior. Look at the details in your RV. Items like light pulls, cabinet hardware, switch plates, and outlet covers can easily be changed out for more modern options. Updating your hardware is inexpensive and a great way to personalize your space.
Change the Linens
After a few long road trips, you may be ready for a new look indoors. Replace the curtains, change the bedsheets, and add a few throw pillows. New linens are another easy way to personalize the space and make it cozy. To stay warmer in the winter, choose flannel sheets and heavier curtains. With the arrival of summer, switch to lightweight curtains and comfy cotton sheets. Change your throw pillows to match the bedding.
Easy Ways to Update Your RV: Decorate
Make your RV your own by decorating the interior. Framed wall art may not be the best option, but you can decorate the walls with sticker decals, maps, or posters. Unlike a house, you can’t display heavy pictures on the wall. Instead, securely install a digital photo frame so you can still enjoy photographs of family and friends. To make the space warm and inviting, use LED candles to illuminate the space. They are lightweight and won’t be a fire hazard. Finally, add an area rug for a cozy feel. A rug brings color and warmth to the space and can easily be shaken out.